An Individual Retirement Account, or IRA, is a type of investment or savings account the IRS created to give investors an easy way to save for retirement. Each type of IRA has its unique advantages.
Several IRA options are available at First Citizens:
- A Traditional IRA allows you to accumulate money for retirement, tax deferred, and contributions may be tax deductible.*
- A Roth IRA allows you to accumulate after-tax money for retirement and contributions are tax free in certain circumstances.* Eligibility requirements apply.
- A Simplified Employee Pension Individual Retirement Arrangement, or SEP IRA, is a variation of an IRA that provides business owners retirement benefits for themselves and their employees.
- A Savings Incentive Match PLan for Employees, or Simple IRA, allows employees and employers to contribute to traditional IRAs set up for employees. It is ideally suited as a start-up retirement savings plan for small employers not currently sponsoring a retirement plan.
The key to any IRA is to begin today and give your investment maximum time to accumulate. To learn more about IRAs, stop in or give us a call today!
*Please consult with your tax advisor prior to establishing an IRA account.
A Health Savings Account, or HSA, combines high deductible health insurance with a tax-favored savings account. Flexible and easy to use, an HSA puts individuals and families in charge of some of their own health care spending and offers tax benefits to both their owners and to employers who chose to contribute to them.
Good for you and your family
- The funds you put into your account are not taxed, nor is the interest you accrue on the account balance.*
- Save more for medical expenses you incur today or in the future, then easily pay for them using your special HSA debit card.
- Use the funds for a variety of medical expenses.
Smart for you as an employer
- Provides a lower-cost healthcare insurance option for employees.
- Contributions have tax benefits.*
- First Citizens provides IRS year-end reporting.
To learn more about HSAs, stop in or give us a call today!
*Please consult with your tax advisor prior to establishing an HSA account.